Here are some practical tips on maintaining good foot health care:
- Bathe your feet daily with warm water and blot dry; never rub.
- Massage your feet with cocoa butter or a lanolin cream to help the skin retain moisture and stay soft.
- Soak brittle nails before clipping or filing.
- Keep your feet warm and dry.
- Exercise carefully but often; walking is one of the best forms of exercise.
- Wear comfortable shoes, and rest your feet whenever possible by elevating them above your heart level.
- Have an annual foot exam.
Following these suggestions will help you keep your feet in good shape, so you can enjoy your senior years “on the go.” Can a podiatrist help you? We make it easy to find out. Here’s how…